Trevor's Interests and Hobbies
- The weather. I have my own automatic weather station in Lower Hutt, New
Click here to see latest weather report from this station.
Click here to see weather statistics and graphs for this station.
Click here to see current New Zealand weather links.
Here's a picture of the temperature/humidity screen after a summertime
- I'm a member of the
Meteorological Society of New Zealand, and a past editor
of their Newsletter. I once contributed articles on "Notable Recent Weather" in New Zealand to this Newsletter.
- Computers - loved Amigas when they were around, but now mainly just play around with boring old PC's, mostly running Windows, but some Linux.
- Model railways. I've built an OO-scale layout set in England, late 1950's - early 1960's era. It
uses mostly Hornby & Bachmann engines and rolling stock, Hornby & Peco track, and is controlled by
a Lenz DCC system. The hills and embankments are built with cardboard, chicken-wire and plaster cloth, then painted, and scenic flock material added.
Click here to see photos of model steam trains, most by my brother Robbie, but some by myself of my own models.
A couple of shots of my layout when it was "under-construction":
- Collecting things:
- Monarch Butterflies.
Click here to see some photos I once took of a butterfly hatching from its chrysalis.
- Recreation notably cycling, tramping or walking, and I used to play the odd bit of tennis.
Here's me in Tasmania:
- holidays and railway excursions, especially steam.
This picture was taken on a trip between Napier and Gisborne in N.Z.'s North Island:
- Watching TV, videos and movies. I like science-fiction, comedy, animated features,
documentary and the occasional action/thriller.
- Watching sports - mostly rugby, and a little one-day cricket.
- I also have a wonderful, loving family.
Here's a picture taken on the occasion of my parents' Golden Wedding Anniversary in 1993:
Back to Trevor's Home