This is the line of my mother Mabel Joy BENNETT nee GOLDSMITH who's name I chose to use when I divorced.
Descendants of John Goldsmith
Generation No. 1
1. JOHN1 GOLDSMITH was born Abt. 1829 in Kent Wrotham UK. He married JANE 1852 in Tunbridge UK. She was born Abt. 1832 in Kent Wrotham UK.
Children of JOHN GOLDSMITH and JANE are:
2. i. GEORGE2 GOLDSMITH, b. Abt. 1855.
ii. JOHN GOLDSMITH, b. Abt. 1858.
3. iii. WILLIAM GOLDSMITH, b. Abt. 1860.
iv. FRANK GOLDSMITH, b. Abt. 1862.
v. JANE GOLDSMITH, b. Abt. 1864.
vi. DAVID GOLDSMITH, b. Abt. 1865.
vii. ALFRED GOLDSMITH, b. Abt. 1867.
viii. RUTH GOLDSMITH.
ix. HENRY GOLDSMITH, b. Abt. 1873.
x. ARTHUR GOLDSMITH, b. Abt. 1879.
Generation No. 2
2. GEORGE2 GOLDSMITH (JOHN1) was born Abt. 1855. He married JANE BROWN 29 July 1883 in St Olave UK, daughter of WILLIAM and SARAH. She was born Abt. 1865.
Marriage Notes for GEORGE GOLDSMITH and JANE BROWN:
At the time of their marriage they were living at 108 Raymouth Street Bermondsley UK and the marriage was witnessed by Sarah GOLDSMITH nee BROWN and Frank GOLDSMITH
Children of GEORGE GOLDSMITH and JANE BROWN are:
i. RUTH3 GOLDSMITH, b. 19 February 1888.
Notes for RUTH GOLDSMITH:
Ruth was born at 6 Achilles St Deptford.
ii. MABEL GOLDSMITH, m. TOM PHILP.
4. iii. GEORGE GOLDSMITH, b. 2 July 1886, Greenwich England; d. 23 October 1968, Auckland NZ.
3. WILLIAM2 GOLDSMITH (JOHN1) was born Abt. 1860. He married SARAH BROWN 2 March 1897 in St Paul Deptford UK.
Children of WILLIAM GOLDSMITH and SARAH BROWN are:
i. SARAH3 GOLDSMITH, b. Abt. 1879.
Notes for SARAH GOLDSMITH:
Sarah was 20 mths at the 1881 census
ii. AMY GOLDSMITH, b. Abt. 1881.
Notes for AMY GOLDSMITH:
Amy was 8mths on census night in 1881
Generation No. 3
4. GEORGE3 GOLDSMITH (GEORGE2, JOHN1) was born 2 July 1886 in Greenwich England, and died 23 October 1968 in Auckland NZ. He married CLARICE HULLETT, daughter of ALLAN HULLETT and CLARA DAVIS. She was born 21 January 1893 in Christchurch NZ, and died 22 December 1962 in Auckland NZ.
Notes for CLARICE HULLETT:
Clarice had a beautiful singing voice and early in her married life won a scholarship that would have taken her to Italy to study for a year but because of her family committments she had to turn it down.
George and Clarice lived in Christchurch for some time before heading for the Hawkes Bay and then to Wellington in the early 1920's, by the late 1940's they were living in Auckland.
Child of GEORGE GOLDSMITH and CLARICE HULLETT is:
5. i. MABEL JOY4 GOLDSMITH, b. 6 February 1914, Puka Puka, NZ; d. 8 April 1974, Auckland, NZ.
Generation No. 4
5. MABEL JOY4 GOLDSMITH (GEORGE3, GEORGE2, JOHN1) was born 6 February 1914 in Puka Puka, NZ, and died 8 April 1974 in Auckland, NZ. She married WILLIAM JOHN BENNETT, son of ROBERT BENNETT and MABEL TONKS. He was born 5 July 1911 in Wellington NZ, and died 15 November 1957 in Auckland NZ. Later she married Roy Watling MITCHELL of Wellington.
Children of MABEL GOLDSMITH and WILLIAM BENNETT are:
6. i. ROBERT WILLIAM GEORGE5 BENNETT.
7. ii. DAFANIE BENNETT, b. 19 July 1943, Petone Wellington NZ.