The Daily Grind

Vol.V No.4 OCTOBER/NOVEMBER, 2008

  

  

  

  

  

 New Zealand Organ Manufactory

Workshop

Testimonials

Press Excerpts

List of Tunings

List of Contracts

Items for sale

Bi-monthly newsletter

 

Dr Ron Newton

Organa Cantuariensia

Thesis

 

New Zealand Organ Museum

 

Oamaru's Historic Quarter

 

  

Work continued on well at Thames with Joe Moncur once more joining the team.  Other smaller jobs included overhauling the top-note chest at St. Cuthbert's College, and Ralph was able to perform his usual miracles to the electronic action at St. Mary's Waupukerau.  Another Estey reed organ was restored, belonging to the Polish Catholic church in Broad Bay, whose church building along with organ had been removed from Waihola some years ago.

  

The soundboard of the 1874 Walker in Mornington Methodist was overhauled in the workshop following water damage during a storm.  A number of pallets were releathered and repairs made to the various wooden parts.

Also in the workshop was a small continuo organ originally built by George Croft & Son for the New Zealand Broadcasting Corporation, and used latterly at St. Paul's Lutheran church in Newtown.  We rebuilt the instrument with a new schwimmer regulator, included the bass pipes inside and under the case, which was raised and put onto a wheeled frame.  It is now used by St. Paul's Cathedral in Dunedin.